Saturday, March 17, 2012

For each of us, it started with an epiphany, a metanoia, a sudden flash of insight...


An epiphany is the sudden comprehension of the larger meaning of something. I was unaware, and still am, of so many forms of oppression that saturate our society. This year I had a couple of epiphanies, which had enabled me to see the world through different lens. I feel like I took a bad drug, and now cannot unsee things I see every passing minute. I am appalled how racism, sexism, homophobia, classism, audism (and all others) run deep in every single thing we do, say, and think. I was oblivious all my life because those "-isms" were considered normal. They were everywhere. They were deeply intertwined in the system. They were accepted by the majority. And this have not changed a bit.


In this blog, I aim to share what I've been learning so you can have sudden flashes of insight as well. We must wake up, and see what is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment